snooze smacker

I dream almost every night. Sometimes I remember.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

last day in nyc

I was in New York for a visit. I was leaving later that day, but I didn't want to. I wasn't meant to spend so much time in the city anyway. I was supposed to be somewhere else, with other people, but I was hanging out with Jeff. In my dream I knew him much better and had a much longer history with him than I do in my conscious world. He had taken on the form of (and represented) a collection of people from home. We were in the back seat of a taxi. I didn't want the taxi ride to end. The driver pulled into a gas station and Jeff pulled out a coupon from his wallet that looked like a dollar bill. On the back it was said something about how the offer is good for black people, since they are full human beings "as advertised." It was like a funny bad English t-shirt. I joked around saying that I think it has been some time since black people had to market themselves as a full 5/5ths. The taxi driver came back and I was just going to pay him and get out at that point. He had stopped the meter even though we were still some ways away from Jeff's place in the LES. The driver insisted on taking us the rest of the way free of charge. I was pleased because I got to spend just a bit more time there with Jeff.

I woke up at this point because my phone was ringing, and strangely enough, it was Jeff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home