snooze smacker

I dream almost every night. Sometimes I remember.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

chi town prep

I was on my way to Chicago, but only for the weekend. Despite the short duration of the trip, I decided to pack almost everything I owned. I had a whole suitcase for my shoes. And I decided to bring my cat (I don't really own a cat). The cat was all black. It was the white cat from my childhood, Sam, but the complete polar opposite. This cat was sleeping quietly, Sam was a beast--wild and always active. I had a strange suitcase/carrying case with a litter box attached. I thought this was gross.

A drag king, Rick O'Shae was at my apartment. Rick was coming with me to Chicago. We were just packing our last items. We were going to miss our flight. There was no time. My grandmother, who suddenly was in my apartment, called my mother to talk to my uncle over three way. She couldn't get in touch with him so she wanted my mother to call. At first I was going to see my friend Matt Dicke, but then later in the dream I was going to see my Uncle Steve. In waking life he doesn't live in Chicago, and Matt just moved to Philadelphia...

I was embarrassed and had anxiety about the amount of stuff I was taking. I didn't want to carry that much, but if I didn't bring it I knew I would have regretted it and wished I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home